AND HAVE A BURGER
TO STAY SANE”.
Im a veggie, but Jessie isn’t and this is her favourite burger, juicy and full of flavour and a great alternative to the boring old beef burger.
Get your chops around this one.
- 1 pk (200g) of lardons
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 1tb veg oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1tsp allspice
- 1 egg beaten
- a squeeze of lemon
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme ( leaves picked off)
- 500g turkey beast
1) Place lardons and turkey breast into a mixer and blend until a nice mince consistency (if you don’t have access to a blender you can buy turkey mince and just chop up the lardon super small).
2) Fry onions in a pan with a pinch of salt, until soft (about 8 mins) add garlic and allspice cook for about 2 mins until fragrant, spoon onto a plate and let cool. ( just a heads up this mixture must be cool when you come to use it again in the next few stages or else disaster will strike 😉
3) Mix the cool onion mixture with the egg, lemon juice, thyme and turkey with plenty of seasoning in a large bowl.
4) With oiled hands (makes this step a lot easer) form into 6 portions put on a plate cover with clingfilm (glad wrap) and let chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
5) Fry on a low heat in about 2tbs of veg oil 10 mins each side the middle should be super hot.
If you pick up fresh (not previously frozen) turkey, once you have formed the patties,(in step 4) you can freeze them until you are ready to cook them!
This burger is such a crowd pleaser, even the pickiest of eaters will love it! Nom nom nom.